Second question: Who is qualified to do facelifts?

 There are two subspecialties that are trained in their residency to perform facelifts.  Once successfully completed their training they will then get their board certification: These are Plastic Surgeons and Otolaryngologist (ENT). Unfortunately terms such as aesthetic surgeon, cosmetic surgeon, etc. is thrown around which only confuses the matter.  Please check with the American Board of Medical Subspecialists for verification if your surgeon who is doing your facelift is board certified by boards of Plastic Surgery or Otolaryngology.

Reza Mirali