How a breast reduction from your plastic surgeons in Fairfax, VA, can help you.
Breasts that are too large can cause several problems, including back, shoulder, and neck pain. You may have difficulty staying active, and you may become self-conscious and lose self-esteem. The good news is, a breast reduction can help you feel better and look better too.
Dr. Reza Mirali and Dr. Shabnam Shahabadi at Plastic Surgery and Dermatology Associates in Fairfax, VA, provide a wide range of plastic surgery services, including breast reduction surgery.
Let’s look at just a few of the many benefits of having a breast reduction:
- Relief of back, neck, and shoulder pain, so you will feel better
- Improved body proportion, so you will look better
- It’s easier to be active and exercise, so you will stay healthier
- Increased self-esteem, so you will feel better about yourself
- Your clothing will fit better, so you will feel more self-confident
A breast reduction can also:
- Make your breasts more symmetrical
- Reposition your nipples, which can make your breasts look firmer
- Improve the shape and contour of your breasts
- Eliminate skin irritation caused by sagging breasts
Throughout your breast reduction surgery, you will be sedated and comfortable. Your plastic surgeon will make incisions around your nipples. Excess fat, tissue, and skin are removed through the incisions and the incisions are sutured closed.
You may have some swelling, bruising, and discomfort initially. For the first couple of weeks, you may need to take time off work and rest. The average length of recovery time is about six weeks depending on the surgery and on your individual characteristics.
To read more detailed information about breast reduction surgery, please click here.
To learn more about breast reduction surgery and how it can help you, call Dr. Reza Mirali and Dr. Shabnam Shahabadi at Plastic Surgery and Dermatology Associates in Fairfax, VA. You can reach them in the office by calling (703) 645-0077, so call now.